CAPD is a welcoming and affirming space for students who identify across the LGBTQ+ spectrum. We understand that your gender identity, gender expression, and/or sexual orientation are integral parts of who you are, and we offer our support as you engage in career planning and look for opportunities that will offer the safe and supportive working environments you deserve.
Resources at CAPD and MIT
- A career appointment at CAPD is an excellent opportunity to talk through questions of disclosure in professional settings.
- LGBTQ+ Services at MIT is an intercultural campus resource for diverse gender, romantic, and sexual identities.
- Undergraduates may contact Student Support Services (S3) for additional support.
- Graduate students can may contact GradSupport for additional support.
Life After MIT
- Out & Equal has created this guide as a tool for LGBTQ people and allies looking to strengthen their understanding of how to share their stories in the workplace.
- Interested in entrepreneurship? StartOut has been the champion for LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs, promoted the successes of our community, and researched the economic impact of LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs.
- Learn more about legal protections for LGBT people and their families across the US.
- Gender identity influences pay. Visit CAPD’s Pay Equity page for resources that can help you evaluate offers, negotiate, and learn more about the gender pay gap.
Through the E-Mentor Advocate Partnership (E-MAP) Program, the Office of Minority Education (OME) works closely with MIT alumni and corporate and government partners (known as the Industrial Advisory Council for Minority Education, or IACME) to promote the direct involvement of …
The Women of Color Professional Development Fund is for currently enrolled MIT Women of Color undergraduate students. The LBGTQ+ Professional Development Fund is for currently enrolled MIT LBGTQ+ undergraduate students.
You can apply for funding to provide you with the following resources:
KeyAnna Schmiedl | December 15, 2021 | Harvard Business Review
Although it can be challenging to get a full picture of a company before you actually land the job, here are some questions you can ask to understand if the organization …
Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index is the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies, practices and benefits pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees. The Human Rights Campaign Foundation is proud to recognize the 767 businesses that …
Career Advising and Professional Development (CAPD) is dedicated to helping all MIT students and postdocs in the pursuit of their career goals. We understand that based on your identity and the intersection of your identity, your career path may involve …