The 17th Annual National Black Pre-Law Conference and Law Fair 2021
THE MISSION of The National Black Pre-Law Conference and Law Fair is to provide a high-quality, comprehensive national event designed specifically for aspiring Black lawyers. Its purpose is to provide them with access to empowering information, resources, and contacts that will assist them in the challenging journey ahead in pursuing admission into law school, success in the law school experience and on the bar exam, and beyond.
The conference and law fair takes place November 18, 2021 – November 21, 2021. For more information, visit www.blackprelawconference.org
Attend a Digital LSAC Forum
From 2 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. ET on digital forum days, you’ll have the unique opportunity to attend live workshops and speak with representatives from more than 100 law schools from around the country. Booth representatives will be available to answer your questions one-on-one via chat, video, or phone. The next digital forum is on December 4th. Register by December 2nd.
Behind the Scenes: the Big 10 Law School Experience
Penn State Law Admissions hosts several events each week including info sessions and application workshops. This week, check out Behind the Scenes: the Big 10 Law School Experience on Thursday, 11/11 at 6:00 pm.
Featuring 13 Big 10 Law Schools, this webinar will cover topics such as the LSAT, writing a standout personal statement, how to enhance your resume, letters of recommendation, and more. Each school will host breakout rooms following the presentation, allowing you to ask more school-specific questions. Register here.
Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program
Operated by the Partnership for Public Service, the Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program is recruiting young talent to join the federal workforce in support of two agencies. The program places students, majoring in STEM, liberal arts, business and more, with critically needed skills into paid internships and aims to develop a diverse pool of young talent for these agencies. Career tracks include STEM and innovation, public policy and administration, government contracting and acquisitions, among others. Learn more and apply by January 14th here.
AccessLex Financial Aid Resources
October 1 was opening day for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Completing the FAFSA early takes one thing off the to-do list later.
AccessLex can help if you have questions about FAFSA and financial aid. You can:
- Attend an upcoming Paying for Law School webinar.
- Register for Ask EDNA! and check out the Paying for Law School resources in MAX Pre-Law by AccessLex®.
- Schedule a call with an Accredited Financial Counselor to get all their questions about the FAFSA (and more!) answered.
- Review the Paying for Law School Guide
Legal Analyst Internship and Fulltime Roles at Goldman Sachs
- Legal Summer Analyst program is a summer 2022 internship for current undergraduate students in their penultimate year.
- Legal New Analyst program is a two-year full-time program beginning in summer 2022; Analysts are provided the opportunity to contribute to the Legal Division, gain experience, expand their network and learn about the legal field before entering law school or pursuing alternative career opportunities at Goldman Sachs; applicants must be current undergraduate students in their final year.
- Interested students may apply as soon as possible at http://www.goldmansachs.com/careers and select “Dallas” and “Legal” as the location and division to which they are applying.